Another favorite recipe of mine because of a main ingredient – BACON! This is a family favorite that’s even been served at lots of family wedding receptions. And if at a family wedding reception where these are served, you’d better make darn sure you’re in the front of the line or you’ll never even get one. People usually walk away with a plate of 10-12 piled high!
1 pound bacon
2 – 8oz. cans WHOLE water chestnuts
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons butter or margarine
1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wrap each chestnut in 1/2 strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until bacon is done.
- Remove to a chafing dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients over low heat to make sauce.
- Pour over chestnuts in chafing dish and keep warm.
Source: Kathe Smithson