I’ve made lots of chocolate chip cookies over the years, but these have turned out to be our favorite. They actually stay soft for several days (in a ziploc baggie)! All the other chocolate chip cookies I’ve made in the past turned hard after cooling off, or the next day, even in a ziploc bag.
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
3 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream sugars and butter.
- Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients together and gradually add to mixture.
- Stir in chips and nuts.
- Roll into balls and place on non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.