2 cups of cooked rice
2 Tbsp butter or vegetable oil
1 medium onion, diced
3 cups diced, cooked chicken
1 – 14.5 oz cans green beans, drained and rinsed
1 – 8 oz. can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1 – 4 oz. jar pimentos
1 can Cream of Celery soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook rice using your own directions (either in microwave or stove).
- Heat butter or oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients to bowl and mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into a greased 3-quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 20-25 mintues or until bubbly. Let stand a few minutes before serving.
Source: Paula Deen