These are a lightly peanut butter flavored krispie treats with a chocolate/butterscotch frosting on top. These can be really rich, so you might want to cut in small pieces. I served these to a large group of teenage girls one night and they loved them and kept coming back for more!
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 – 6 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 – 6 oz. package butterscotch chips
- Mix sugar and corn syrup in saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat. Add peanut butter; mix well.
- Add Rice Krispies; stirl until evenly coated.
- Press mixture evenly and firmly in a butter baking pan (9-in by 13-in).
- For the frosting, melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips in top section of double boiler over hot (not BOILING) water.
- Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat; spread evenly over krispie mixture and let cool until firm.
- Cut into bars.
*You can double the recipe and use a 10-in by 14-in buttered pan instead.