So the name is a little odd (I didn’t come up with it!), but it comes from the fact that the dip is served and baked in a loaf of sheepherder bread. Call it whatever you want (some also refer to it as “Ham Dip” because it has ham in it), but I call it “Yummy!”
1 loaf sheepherder bread
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 – 8 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 cups cheddar cheese
1/2 cup green onions
1 cup chopped green chilis
1 cup chopped ham
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together sour cream, cream cheese and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir together remaining ingredients and then add to cream mixture.
- Hollow out sheepherder bread and fill with dip (you’ll most likely have a little left over).
- Wrap in 2 layers of heavy duty foil.
- Place on a cookie sheet
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips or crackers.
Source: Shelley Monson