A classic apple dessert – similar to apple pie, but with a yummy streusel topping.
6 to 8 tart apples (I find that Granny Smith’s work best, but have used Fuji in the past)
1 cup sugar
3 Tblsp. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
- Slice apples as for pie.
- Mix with rest of ingredients.
- Place in 9″ x 12″ baking dish.
- Cover with following topping:
TOPPING: (which I always double for extra goody-ness)
3/4 cup oatmeal (1 1/2 cups)
3/4 cup flour (1 1/2 cups)
3/4 cup brown sugar (1 1/2 cups)
1/4 tsp. baking soda (1/2 tsp.)
1/4 tsp. baking powder (1/2 tsp.)
1/2 cup melted butter (1 cup or 2 cubes)
1 cup chopped walnuts (I don’t double this)
- Mix all together, adding the butter last. Stir until well incorporated.
- Spread on top of apple filling.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 Degrees.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream
Source: Leta Smith