Summertime is here and it’s time to cool off with a refreshing drink.
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups sugar
rinds of 2 lemons
1 cup lemon juice
4 cups cold water
In small saucepan, make a syrup by adding 1 cup water, sugar and lemon rinds. Stir on medium low heat until sugar dissolves completely, and boil for 7 minutes. Cool. In a large pitcher, combine syrup, lemon juice and 4 cups of cold water. Stir well and serve immediately over ice.
4 packages Raspberry flavor drink mix*
2 – 12oz. cans frozen lemonade
1 quart lemon-lime soda
- Mix drink mix according to directions.
- In a blender, slightly puree frozen strawberries.
- Add strawberries and lemonade to mix and stir thoroughly.
- Add soda before serving.
- Punch may be frozen ahead, and add soda before serving for a slush drink.
*At the time, Kool-Aid didn’t make Raspberry anymore, so I substituted with 5 packets of Flavor-Aid instead because it has a weaker taste.
Source: Lachelle Green
A.k.a. “Green Slime.” This is fun to serve at Halloween in a big cauldron.
1 – 3oz. Lime Jello
1 cup sugar
1 quart boiling water
3 lemons, juiced
1 large (46oz.) can pineapple juice
2 – 2 Liter bottles Sprite or 7-Up
- Dissolve Jello and sugar in water. Add lemon juice and pineapple juice.
- Pour into a huge ziploc bag(s), plastic ice cream container, or large glass baking dish and freeze solid.
- Remove from freezer and defrost 1 hour before serving (you want it just barely slushy, but not melted too much. It may require more time to defrost depending on how hard it is).
- Put the slush in a punch bowl and pour cold bottles of Sprite or 7-Up over the top.
Optional: You can also add a little lime sherbet when serving.
Source: Velma Smithson