1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups flour
2 3/4 cups oatmeal
2 cups chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add baking soda, powder, and salt and mix.
- Add flour, oatmeal and chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Source: Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
These are a lightly peanut butter flavored krispie treats with a chocolate/butterscotch frosting on top. These can be really rich, so you might want to cut in small pieces. I served these to a large group of teenage girls one night and they loved them and kept coming back for more!
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 – 6 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 – 6 oz. package butterscotch chips
- Mix sugar and corn syrup in saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat. Add peanut butter; mix well.
- Add Rice Krispies; stirl until evenly coated.
- Press mixture evenly and firmly in a butter baking pan (9-in by 13-in).
- For the frosting, melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips in top section of double boiler over hot (not BOILING) water.
- Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat; spread evenly over krispie mixture and let cool until firm.
- Cut into bars.
*You can double the recipe and use a 10-in by 14-in buttered pan instead.
I’ve made lots of chocolate chip cookies over the years, but these have turned out to be our favorite. They actually stay soft for several days (in a ziploc baggie)! All the other chocolate chip cookies I’ve made in the past turned hard after cooling off, or the next day, even in a ziploc bag.
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
3 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream sugars and butter.
- Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients together and gradually add to mixture.
- Stir in chips and nuts.
- Roll into balls and place on non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.