A delicious treat for any celebration. Can have several fruit variations, as well as yummy vanilla.
2 eggs (beat well)
2 1/4 cup sugar
1 pint whipping cream
2 quarts (8 cups) milk (use whole milk if wanted)
1/2 tsp. salt
*2 Tblsp. vanilla (only if you are having vanilla ice cream)
- Beat eggs in large saucepan.
- Add sugar, 1 qt (4 cups) milk, cream, and salt.
- Cook on stove until lukewarm and sugar is dissolved.
- Add rest of milk to fill ice cream freezer
Strawberry, Peach or Apricot
- Add an additional 1 cup of sugar and delete the vanilla.
- In blender, add 2 cups of fruit and 3/4 cup lemon juice; blend.
- Add fruit flavoring to ice cream after it has started to set and gets a little hard to turn.
- Mix well, and continue freezing until very hard.
- Add an additional 1 cup of sugar and juice of 5 or 6 large lemons.