Summertime is here and it’s time to cool off with a refreshing drink.
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups sugar
rinds of 2 lemons
1 cup lemon juice
4 cups cold water
In small saucepan, make a syrup by adding 1 cup water, sugar and lemon rinds. Stir on medium low heat until sugar dissolves completely, and boil for 7 minutes. Cool. In a large pitcher, combine syrup, lemon juice and 4 cups of cold water. Stir well and serve immediately over ice.
This is a yummy cake that blends coconut, pineapple and lemon for a nice tropical taste. Let this one chill for at least 5 hours so the flavors can blend. Makes for a really moist and yummy dessert!
1 yellow cake mix
1 small box (3 oz.) instant lemon pudding
2 cups cold milk
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 – 20 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained really well
1 – 8 oz. Cool Whip
- Bake cake according to box directions in a 9″ x 13″ glass dish. Allow to cool.
- Beat together pudding mix, milk and cream cheese, then fold in pineapple.
- When cake has cooled, spread with mixture.
- Spread Cool Whip over mixture and sprinkle with coconut (amount to your desire)
- Refrigerate for at least 5 hours, or overnight.