A favorite late-night treat! (Could this explain why our diet goals are hard to reach??)
2 cups white sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup margarine (1 stick)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
3 cups oats (quick or regular)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, cocoa, milk and margarine.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla, salt, peanut butter and oats.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto waxed paper.
- Allow cookies to cool for at least 1 hour.